Tuesday 23 December 2014

Love.

The Meeting & The Chase

On the 14th September 2014, He and I met and went on our first date for a hike. I picked him up from his house and he was already waiting outside. He jumped in the car and seemed very confident and talkative. We laughed and talked during our hike, he loved musicals as do I, he enjoys the outdoors and wanted to have a family. After our hike he asked if I wanted to grab some dinner which we did. Oh, how could I forget the silly pineapple juice comment when I ordered one not knowing the symbolism behind it, I used to laugh at that experience but now I think about it with tears welling up in my eyes. I had a good evening but didn’t know how it went until he asked if he could ‘steal a hug’ from me in the car park which lasted for about 5 seconds. When I dropped him off home, he leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. I don’t think I can ever forget that moment.

That first week was killing me; the chase - I hated the chase, I texted him the next day and he texted me on the Wednesday and I asked if he wanted to grab a drink on Thursday which ended up being our second date - dumplings. He then invited me over on Friday night which was a wonderful night when we just laid in bed and talked. We spent Saturday shopping and walking around. Everything else seems like a blur from then. From that first weekend, we spent at least one day from every weekend together and usually once or twice during the week too.

Truly, Madly, Deeply

I remember a few weeks ago when he made me promise him to talk to him if there was ever anything I wasn’t happy with and never keep anything from him because he wanted to be with me forever and he could see it happening. He told me I care more to him than anything in the world. Whenever I felt any insecurities he would kiss me so convincingly that all my worries would go away. I really believed that he loved me and that I mattered to him.

I was there for him when he was about to get evicted from his house and offered for him to stay at my house. I looked everyday for a house he could move into and eventually found a place. We moved together and that night when I laid in bed, I felt like we were moving in together because it felt like our home. He began decorating his house, pictures of us together, we built our Christmas tree together in preparation for Christmas. I had a toothbrush at his house and he at mine. We even had our first weeknight sleepover for a work night and it worked out just great.

I remember when we watched ‘The Fault In Our Stars’ together, he wept into my arms and I told him I would always be here for him. For many times after that day, I was there when he needed me, bringing dinner over when he had a bad day, comforting him when he felt stressed, I really gave it my all.

When he asked me to go to his work Christmas ‘family picnic’, I felt like it was a big step forward. Even after the picnic he said that he was happy because he felt like we were a family now. He gave me a key to his house and I felt like I had two homes and it felt great because for once, I opened up my heart completely to let someone in. I remember when he told me that he had never opened up so much to someone before.

How could I not pay a tribute to once of our favourite movies we watched together...


                                     

"...All my life has been a series of doors in my face, and then suddenly I bump into you... Love is an open door..."


The Silent Fall

During my holiday, everything seemed the same, we texted daily - good morning text every morning and goodnight text every night; he continued to tell me he loved me and missed me. I had no idea that he was already plotting a breakup and that his feelings towards me had already changed.

In hindsight, I did notice some phone calls when I would say I missed him and he didn’t reciprocate. I told myself not to be so sensitive and was reassured every time he did tell me he loved me. We exchanged about 2 phone calls in the first week mostly during times he was out shopping or driving. He promised we could chat on Skype when I was away but that never happened and I never asked for it because I didn't want him to feel pressured. It didn’t matter, hearing his voice was enough for me. I missed him like crazy.

My cruise ship docked in our city for a day and we had already planned a day together - who would’ve thought what was supposed to be the best day would turn into the worst.

He picked me up from the pier and we went back to his place to open our Christmas presents. He got me Balderdash (I love Balderdash!!), a smoothie blender, a sports drink bottle and a recipe book. He did pretty good I must say. We then went to my place to pick up  a few things and then he took me on a 'surprise date'. We went to a lovely park by the shoreline and had a picnic... he made me all my favourite foods. We then went to Science Works museum.

I could tell something was up... he was quiet the whole day, he was barely smiling, he didn't hold my hand or kiss me like he used to. He reassured me everything was alright... I didn't believe him... When he dropped me off at the pier I asked him again whether or not something was up because he seemed 'different' and once again he said everything was fine. I didn't believe him and asked him to tell me what was happening. He told me to get back in the car - my heart sank.

Crashing Down

He told me that he didn't want to tell me now because he didn't want to ruin my holiday and wanted us to talk when I got back from holidays. I couldn't bear waiting 2 more weeks to find out our fate so I made him tell me. He did. I cried. I left.

The only time I heard from him again was when he asked me where the key to his house was later that day... we haven't spoken since even though i have so much I want to tell him....

Although I’m still in pain and things didn’t work out, the last 3 months have been some of the happiest of my life. I love the way he held me in his arms. I love the way we would hold hands. I love his lame jokes. I love the way he kissed me. I love the his head on my shoulders. I love his terrible singing. I love the way he looked at me. I love him. The truth is, I would love to hear him tell me he loves me again even if it's a lie. I hope that love will always be apart of who I am but I hope that I may set that love aside so that I can make room to love someone else, someone who can and will love me back.



"...Just wanna stand there and hear me cry, that's alright because I love the way you lie... I love the way you lie..."





No comments:

Post a Comment